Around 1898, Dr. Albert G. Stevens, a local Physician and homeopathic doctor along with his new bride, Bessie, from the wind swept plains of Kansas, moved into their newly built home on historic Myrtle Avenue. Their Victorian Queen Anne Classic was commissioned by Bessie’s loving parents as a gift to the newly weds.
Victorians, always noted for their conspicuous displays of all things material were also known for their frugality and practical approach to everyday living. Dr. Stevens quickly realized that the house was large enough to accommodate a waiting room and office. He quickly enhanced this arrangement with the second story addition that became a laboratory above his office.
The present day elegant dining rooms were originally the Doctor’s office suite. After a long and successful career, the home passed into the hands of their only child, Vesta; who lived here along with her husband until 1980. Since Vesta was without children there were no heirs and the home was auctioned off to investors that turned the fine home into a Bed and Breakfast, one of the earliest B&B's in Cape May.
The present owners, Jim and Lenanne Labrusciano have continued the tradition of maintaining, renovating and bringing modern amenities into one of the finest examples of Queen Anne style Cape May Bed and Breakfasts in the County of Cape May New Jersey. In 1976 the entire city of Cape May received the designation as a National Histroric Landmark, known as the Cape May Historic District which includes The Albert Stevens Inn and Myrtle Avenue and is the only city in the USA designated as such.